In this lesson, we will cover:
I gave an order to my body and mind:
"Always stay calm whenever I get such calls."
I even stopped listening to what those crazy callers were shouting to me. I'd just respond:
"OK, I will take a look into this."
Then they would go even more crazy:
"What?! Don't you care about us? Our business is collapsing? How can you be so calm?"
Then I'd press the red button which means "end the call".
I'd wait for a few minutes until my mind gets 100% clear and then I'd think of all possible reasons that could have caused the problem.
Finally, I'd start troubleshooting with the most likely reason.
Now you probably think: "OK it sounds great on paper, but how do I achieve peace of mind in reality?"
Do you remember the last time you were really drunk?
Did you notice how you didn't give a shit about anything? Everything just seemed perfect.
The key is to always feel like that, but without drinking (for the sake of clarity: I'm vegan and I don't drink alcohol anymore).
What do you need for that?
Just understand that everything has a starting point and a finishing point.
- The Universe was born and it will all collapse one day.
- Our planet appeared and it will get destroyed by asteroids one day.
- Your country was born, but one day it will fail so hard that it will be taken over by other countries.
- You were born. But you will die one day.
16 SECRETS OF HIGH EARNING DEVELOPERS
This FREE EBOOK reveals the top secrets of best paid developers!
Do you have anything to hide?
Not really. You're already naked. You have nothing to lose.
As a child, did you believe that life is a playground?
It still is.
Computers, processes, businesses and corporations - it's just somebody's idea that became real.
Ideas arise and die one day. Things break all the time.
If you still believe that something can be constant and secure - think about your job.
You can get fired if you break something.
Is it the end of the world?
Not really. By breaking something, you become even more valuable. Business owners look at this as buying a good lesson for you.
By being bold and fearlessly breaking things you're in fact reducing the likelihood of getting fired.
To take immediate benefit from this lesson, do the following in the next 24 hours:
- Write down all the things and people you're grateful for in your life.
- Write down an "expiry date" for each of those things. Try to estimate when those things will break or when the people will die. Sounds harsh, but you have to be honest with yourself.
- Put the feeling of "I'm already naked and I have nothing to lose" into your subsconscious mind. Do it by repeating this phrase every day.
- Observe how quietly you react to people who rush to you with their "hot" problems.
You can never focus on what's truly important if your mind is cluttered.
Having peace of mind is one of the key traits of Unbeatable Developers.
As an Unbeatable Developer Academy student, your goal is to help millions of people in the world. You want to give them exceptional value and reap all the monetary rewards that belong to you.
Without peaceful mind, you will never achieve it. Start working on reducing clutter and stress in your mind right now.